"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you" James 1:27

We continue to believe strongly in adoption - this blog serves to tell of our journey and encourages all who read it to learn of and love the journey of adoption!

Contact us at VJansen90@gmail.com


Sunday, March 6, 2011

While I'm Waiting.....

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
Lyrics by John Waller~

Waiting. Is there an art to it? If so, I need to learn it. Right, now I am just learning that I am not very good at it.

This past week, we received the news that the Country of Ethiopia is dramatically slowing down their adoption process. Apparently, there has been some fraud problems and so, they are slowing the process down (from 40 "consents" a day, to 5 a day). We do somewhat understand....we want each child, especially our child, to be brought to their new family & home in integrity, honor and honesty throughout the entire process of adoption. But, when there are still millions of orphans in Ethiopia, it is very difficult to understand why the process has to be slowed down to this extent. It has kind of made our hearts stop and made us catch our breath.

We still have hope that our papers are somewhere being worked on and that soon we will receive news about our referral. Until then, we will serve, we will worship, we will pray, we will trust and we will (hopefully) learn to wait -on God - a little better. And, as we wait, you may see us looking off, pondering, and maybe wiping away a tear or two - it is only because our child in Ethiopia is never far from our minds and hearts......and we just want to bring them home.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jansen Family,

    "Faith is the place between the way things are and the good things that are sure to come."

    I know God is good, and he is hugging you tight to his heart while you wait. :*)

    ReplyDelete