"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you" James 1:27

We continue to believe strongly in adoption - this blog serves to tell of our journey and encourages all who read it to learn of and love the journey of adoption!

Contact us at VJansen90@gmail.com


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Please take 4 minutes and watch this

Please take a little over four minutes and watch this video at www.vimeo.com/13771428

I came across this video today on the blog of another family who is awaiting the adoption of their child from Ethiopia. I join them in feeling like what we are doing is not enough and yet, at the moment, my hands are tied to not do more. Or can I? What else can be done to help these people, these children, all of who are important! For now, I post this video and plead with you to watch it and open your heart to what God may want you to do. At least pray for their safety, protection and peace. For now, I can help spread the word of these orphans who need to be cared for.

Addis Ababa is where we will someday fly to bring home our child - this video makes me wonder if our child is out there rummaging through the trash? Please pray for our child - I can only trust that God is caring for him or her at this very moment. There are times when I must force myself not to think of our child, because I can not see the papers and procedures that need my attention through my tears. But, those tears are my reminders to keep pressing and plodding on, trusting in God's plan in it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment